Teleconsultation is a service that allows patients to receive medical advice and treatment from a healthcare professional remotely, typically through video or phone call. This means that patients can consult with a doctor or specialist without having to physically visit a clinic or hospital.
Benefits of teleconsultation for patients include:
- Convenience: Patients can receive medical advice and treatment from the comfort of their own home or any location with internet access. This is especially helpful for individuals who have mobility issues or live in remote areas.
- Time-saving: Teleconsultation eliminates the need for patients to travel to a clinic or hospital, saving them time and transportation costs.
- Increased access to specialists: Teleconsultation allows patients to consult with specialists who may not be available in their local area.
- Reduced exposure to facilities: With teleconsultation, patients decongest the crowded hospital and clinics, and save them for others who may be needing emergent care more.
- Increased continuity of care: Teleconsultation allows patients to maintain regular contact with their healthcare provider, which can improve continuity of care and patient outcomes.
Overall, teleconsultation is a useful service that allows patients to receive medical advice and treatment remotely, providing convenience, time-saving, increased access to specialists, reduced exposure to other patients and increased continuity of care.
About The Author
Meet Dr. Mea Ramos, Clinical Director of Eva Teleconsult. With a Doctor of Medicine and Master in Business Administration degrees from the Ateneo de Manila University, Dr. Ramos is a highly qualified physician who is also certified in Clinical Telemedicine from Harvard Medical School. She is a life-long learner and graduate of SMIC Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture program. As a mentor to medical students and doctors-in-training, Dr. Ramos is dedicated to promoting health and wellness through telemedicine, mental health, and holistic wellness.
At Eva Teleconsult, Dr. Ramos is known for providing personalized, high-quality care to patients of all ages, but particularly to women between the ages of 12 and 55. With a special interest in women’s health and a passion for helping her patients achieve optimal health, Dr. Ramos is the go-to physician for women in BGC, Makati, Alabang, and the expat community. Whether you’re seeking tele consultations, counseling, or home vaccination services, Dr. Ramos and the team at Eva Teleconsult are here to help you feel your best. Upgrade your healthcare experience with Dr. Ramos and Eva Teleconsult today.