Buffets are everywhere this holiday season and chances are you will be tempted to overeat or eat food that you know are bad for you. From that crispy, juicy, meaty lechon to that decadent and creamy leche flan, you’ll be tempted for sure to take a bite or two.
And if you have pre-existing medical conditions, like hypertension, high cholesterol or diabetes, resisting that buffet table would be pure torture.
Fortunately, there are ways to survive—and even enjoy these festive dinner parties and generous buffets.
And it’s no secret that most of the holiday buffets and dinner parties don’t always offer healthy food options. You may not be able to control what food you’re served, but you can meet the challenges armed with a plan:
1) As much as possible, try to eat close to your usual meal times to keep your blood sugar steady. If your meal is served later than normal, eat a small snack at your usual mealtime then eat a little less when dinner is served.
2) Attending a party? Ask if you can bring a healthy dish along with you.
3) Dessert dilemma? Tempted to have that yummy sweet treat? Totally possible, but just remember to cut back on other carbs (like potatoes and bread) during the meal.
4) Looking forward to an amazing dinner party? Don’t skip meals to save up for a feast. Skipping meals will make it harder to manage your blood sugar. You’ll end up starving and so more likely to overeat.
5) Overate during the holidays? Don’t fret. It’s not the end of the world. You can always get back on track to healthy eating with your next meal.
How Can Eva Teleconsult Help You have A Healthy But Enjoyable Meal This Holiday Season
Choosing to eat healthy food can be quite a challenge over the holiday season, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
Here at EVA Teleconsult we have expert doctors like our Primary care physicians and specialist doctors who can recommend healthy meal options this holiday season. Furthermore, our doctors are always ready to address any health-related questions or concerns you may have. Here is how EVA works, at EVA our patients are guaranteed to experience the following:
- Timely appointments – No more time wasted while waiting outside a doctor’s office. With us, appointments begin right when they’re supposed to, even if they’re made the same day.
- Guaranteed 30-minute consultation times – No more rushing or quickly dashed off prescriptions with no explanations. Our doctors take the time needed to give you information about your concerns, and are open to answering all your questions.
- 5-star ratings for our doctors – Because our doctors know how to explain things in a way patients can understand, we frequently get positive feedback from them.
If you still feel unprepared for the coming holidays and unsure of how to best face the challenges of eating healthy this holiday season, we are here to help. Take control of your health. Book an online consultation today.